- Fill out the on-line application form and submit by deadline date
- Be prepared to provide two reference contacts who know your academic qualifications well. At least one of them (ideally both) should be a computer science, mathematics, or engineering professor.
In case of application to the Summer term only, providing one reference (instructor or academic adviser) is sufficient.
- Send an official copy of your transcript (postmarked by the application deadline) to the AIT North American office: AIT - North America, PO Box 1244, Claremont, CA 91711. (Official emailed "pdf" copies of transcripts may be sent directly from an applicant’s school registrar or study abroad office to jorrison [uhlztasp] ait-budapest [shzpokiz] com. It cannot be accepted directly from a student's email message.)
- Apply to study abroad at your home institution! Keep in mind that many schools have very early internal deadlines for studying abroad. Also, because AIT is a relatively new program, in order to receive credit and/or financial aid, you might need to petition your school to attend AIT. In that case, do not hesitate to let us know how we can help make your petition process go as smoothly as possible.
- An application is complete when the (1) on-line form is completely filled and submitted, the (2) official transcript and (3) both recommendations from your professors arrived, (When you submit your on-line application form, these professors will automatically receive an e-mail informing them how to submit their letters. Recommendations should be submitted no later than 10 days after the application deadline date.) and (4) your approval to spend a semester abroad is verified by a study abroad official with your school.
- For applications submitted for the Summer term only, only one recommendation is required and AIT does not require verification from a study abroad contact.
- You may receive an e-mail from AIT Budapest Admissions Committee anywhere from 2 weeks from the receipt of your complete application package to 2 weeks after all applications are to be completed. In the case you are accepted, an e-mail will be sent to you with instructions on how to pay a deposit of $200 (the deposit is deductible from tuition but non-refundable) and further practical information will soon follow the receipt of the deposit or confirmation from your school (if you are not required to pay the deposit).
We want to see you at AIT!
Links to some of our partner schools Study Abroad offices:
|Your home school||Link to relevant office|
|Amherst College||Amherst Study Abroad|
|Brown University||Office of International Programs|
|Carleton College||Off-Campus Studies|
|Columbia University||Office of Global Programs|
|Cornell University||Cornell Abroad|
|Dartmouth College||Off-Campus Programs|
|Grinnell College||Off-Campus Study|
|Harvard University||Office of International Education|
|Harvey Mudd College||Mudd Study Abroad|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology: MIT||Studying Abroad or Away|
|Mount Holyoke College||Study Abroad|
|University of Pennsylvania||Penn Abroad|
|Pomona College||Office of Study Abroad|
|Princeton University||Office of International Programs|
|University of Richmond||Gateway Abroad|
|Smith College||Study Abroad|
|Wesleyan University||Office of International Studies|
|Williams College||Study Away|
|Yale University||Yale Study Abroad|