- CREATE a personal account and save your account name and password for future use.
- Apply to study abroad at your home institution! Keep in mind that many schools have very early internal deadlines for studying abroad. If you attend a school that is new to AIT in order to receive credit and/or financial aid, you might need to petition your school to attend AIT before you apply to AIT. In that case, do not hesitate to let AIT know how to help make your petition process go as smoothly as possible.
- Be prepared to provide TWO REFERENCE CONTACTS who know your academic qualifications well. At least one of them (ideally both) should be a computer science, mathematics, or engineering professor, and ONE STUDY ABROAD contact who can verify your approval to study away from your home institution.
- In case of application to the Summer term only, providing one reference (instructor or academic adviser) is sufficient and no study abroad approval is required.
- Be prepared to provide information about your highest level of coursework in mathematics and computer science and what you are interested in studying at AIT.
- Prepare a well-written essay about why you want to attend AIT, what you hope to gain from the experience, and what you may be able to contribute to the AIT experience.
- Complete and SUBMIT the on-line application form by the deadline date. There is NO FEE to apply to AIT.
- Only AFTER you have submitted the online application; send an official copy of your TRANSCRIPT (postmarked by the application deadline date) to the AIT North American office: AIT - North America, PO Box 1244, Claremont, CA 91711. (Official emailed digital copies of transcripts are preferable and may be sent directly from an applicant’s school registrar or study abroad office to jorrison [uhlztasp] ait-budapest [shzpokiz] com. Any form or unsealed transcript sent directly by a student through post mail or email cannot be accepted and will be considered unofficial.) PLEASE NOTE: AIT NACD cannot receive EXPEDITED mail OUTSIDE the United States Postal System and does not provide a street address. Regular or Priority mail is preferred. ALSO: Please do not add signature-required services.
- An application is COMPLETE when the (1) on-line form is completely filled and submitted, the (2) official transcript and (3) both recommendations from your professors have been received, (When you submit your on-line application form, these professors will automatically receive an e-mail informing them how to submit their recommendations.) and (4) your approval to spend a semester abroad is verified by a study abroad official with your school.
- You have a further 10 days to complete the application process after the final application submission deadline in order to provide your supporting materials; recommendations, approval and transcript.
- Recent change in the application process: Rolling admission! You will receive an e-mail with the decision whether you have been accepted to AIT-Budapest from the Admissions Committee within 2 weeks from the receipt of your completed application package.
- In the case you are accepted, an e-mail will be sent to you with instructions on how to proceed with your confirmation of acceptance. You may be required to pay a deposit of $200 (the deposit is deductible from tuition but non-refundable) within 2 weeks of your acceptance date. Important note for 2020 Fall applicants: Because of the present uncertainties, surrounding global travel and the consequent difficulties in planning, we are extending the $200 deposit deadline until July 1. (For those who already paid the $200 deposit, AIT will reimburse the fee in case of withdrawal until July 1.)
Then, further practical information will soon follow the receipt of the deposit or confirmation from your school (if you are not required to pay the deposit by your home institution), which will outline instructions on the registration process and travel requirements (i.e. visa instructions).
We want to see you at AIT!
Links to some of our partner schools Study Abroad offices:
|Your home school||Link to relevant office|
|Amherst College||Office of Global Education|
|Arizona State University||Study Abroad Office|
|Bard College at Simon's Rock||Bard Study Abroad and International Programs|
|Bowdoin College||Off-Campus Study|
|Brandeis University||Office of Study Abroad|
|Brown University||Office of International Programs|
|Bryn Mawr College||Study Abroad|
|Bucknell University||Global & Off-Campus Education|
|Carleton College||Off-Campus Studies|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Office of International Education|
|Claremont McKenna College||Center for Global Education|
|Colby College||Off-Campus Study|
|Colgate University||Off-Campus Study|
|Colorado College||Study Abroad and Off-Campus Study|
|Columbia University||Global Engagement|
|Connecticut College||Study Away|
|Cornell University||Office of Global Learning|
|Dartmouth College||Study Abroad and Off-Campus|
|Davidson College||Education Abroad|
|Denison University||Study Abroad|
|Duke University||Global Education Office|
|Gordon College||Global Education|
|Grinnell College||Off-Campus Study|
|Gustavus Adolphus College||Study Away|
|Hamilton College||Off-Campus Study|
|Hampshire College||Global Education Office|
|Harvard University||Office of International Education|
|Harvey Mudd College||Study Abroad|
|Haverford College||Study Abroad|
|Knox College||Study Abroad & Off-Campus Programs|
|Lewis and Clark College||Overseas & Off-Campus Programs|
|Macalester College||Center for Study Away|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology: MIT||Study Abroad|
|Middlebury College||Study Abroad|
|Mills College||Study Abroad & Exchange Programs|
|Milwaukee School of Engineering||Study Abroad|
|Mount Holyoke College||Study Abroad|
|Northeastern University||Study Abroad|
|Oberlin College||Office of Study Away|
|Olin College||Study Away|
|Pitzer College||Office of Study Abroad and International Programs|
|Pomona College||Study Abroad|
|Princeton University||Office of International Programs|
|Quest University||Study Abroad|
|Reed College||International Programs|
|Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute||Study Abroad|
|Rhodes College||Study Abroad and Away|
|Scripps College||Study Abroad and Global Education|
|Seattle University||Education Abroad|
|Skidmore College||Off-Campus Study & Exchanges|
|Smith College||Study Abroad|
|St. Olaf College||International and Off-Campus Studies|
|Swarthmore College||Off-Campus Study Office|
|The College of William & Mary||Global Education Office|
|Trinity University||Study Abroad|
|Tufts University||Tufts Global Education|
|The University of Kansas||Study Abroad and Global Engagement|
|University of Pennsylvania||Penn Abroad|
|University of Puget Sound||Study Abroad|
|University of Richmond||Gateway Abroad|
|University of Rochester||Center for Education Abroad|
|University of Washington||Study Abroad|
|Vassar College||Office of International Programs|
|Wabash College||Off-Campus Study|
|Wake Forest University||Study Abroad|
|Wellesley College||Office of International Study|
|Wesleyan University||Office of Study Abroad|
|Wheaton College Massachusetts||Study Abroad|
|Whitman College||Off-Campus Studies|
|Williams College||International Education and Study Away|
|Worcester Polytechnic Institute||International & Global Studies|
|Yale University||Study Abroad|